Monday, October 13, 2008

My Very First Nestie Get Together!

Many of you that know me know that within the past year I have discovered a new obsession- http://www.thenest.com/. It is a great site that offers everything that a newlywed couple could possibly need: advise on everything from dinner ideas, budgets and buying a home to pets, romance and decor ideas. And there are message boards for each topic. My personal favorite is the "Decorating & Renovating" board. I never really pegged myself as the message board type, but after "talking" to a lot of the girls on there I've been shocked to find a fantastic source for not only inspiration for my home but friendship and camaraderie as well. I've met some wonderful girls on there, some of which I consider myself closer to than some of "IRL" friends (in real life). Crazy, I know. Well, along with all of the national boards, there are also locals. Michigan boasts two: The Detroit board and the Grand Rapids board. The local boards don't seem to move nearly as fast as the others, so sometimes I forget to visit as often as I should. I've really tried to make an effort lately to get to know some of the girls there, so I was really excited when I found out that they were going to be having a get together not too far for me to join in.


So yesterday Abbey, Lola and I loaded up and made the drive down to Yates Cider Mill in Rochester. The traffic and parking were terrible, there were swarms of both people and bees and the line was WAY too long for cider and doughnuts, but we FINALLY found the table full of "Nesties". What a great bunch of girls! I joined in a little late and it was obvious that most of them knew each other much better than I did, but we still had a great time. It was really nice to spend some time with some girls that were in the same boat as me. Newly married, buying their first homes, new parents (or thinking about it soon!)...some other girls even brought their dogs as well. I would like to give a shout out to Izzy the Chihuahua, the littlest dog with the biggest attitude! CoCo the Boxer and Molly the German Shorthair were awesome too, as were the girls that owned them! Also, congrats again to Momma Renee on her new beautiful baby boy. So exciting! I can't wait to get together again soon, and I look forward to getting to know these girls even better. What a wonderful way to make new friends. God only knows you can never have too many!






After the group dispersed, Abbey and I had a little girl time, just the two of us (and Lola!). Sometimes we need that. Between ice cream, pony rides and wading in the river, Abbey decided that she likes Nestie get togethers too! The weather was perfect, is was sunny and warm, and the colors were beautiful. What a great day to spend at the cider mill. Hopefully next time we'll get to bring home some cider!
































1 comment:

plaviz said...

Excellent article! We will be linking to this great article on our site.Keep up the great writing.